Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day


Today was my son's first day of kindergarten! Let me tell you, I think me and grandma were a little more excited than he was. We were also both a lot more nervous for him than he was. This morning I lunged out of bed (which I dont even do to get MYSELF ready for work) and fixed him his breakfast and helped him get his new outfit on. He was very nonchalant and easy going but every few seconds he'd flash a coy smile. I could tell he was enjoying the special attention from mommy on his big day.

Grandma wanted to be present for his first day of school and she arived around 745am ready to go. We drove up to the school and parked....illegally. I couldnt find his classroom because it was nowhere NEAR where they showed me classes would be durring orientation. My mother, bless her heart, was moving slow as molasses and I was in a huge frantic hurry to get him settled in.

Once we found his class he sat down and his whole mood changed. He asked grandma if the bus would know where her house was. I told him the bus was comming to mommy's house. He looked at grandma and tears began to fill both their eyes and he had to look away from her. "Okay thats enough we gotta go," my mom said. I kissed my big boy goodbye. Tell me why I am still SO NERVOUS for him? I can't stop thinking of how scary his first day must be. I wish I could be there to pick him up but unfortunately I work until 830pm....ugh.

1 comment:

  1. awww he looks soooo handsome!! KJ just started kindergarten too, he was crunk as hell lol

    ReplyDelete