Monday, August 2, 2010

Child Abuse

Hello Ladies! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. The boyfriend and I went bowling with my son Friday night and had a great time. Skyler was bowling us out of the water (with bumpers of course) and when the lights went out and things began to glow he also decided to break dance all over the floor and send me into an embarrassed "that's my kid with no rhythm" laughing fit that almost made me pee my pants. But keep in mind it was "two-fers" and since the boyfriend was driving he told me I shouldn't waste his beer.

But let me give us all something to talk about. I was recently watching a show about child pageants and frankly I think these women who put their children through this crap should be charged with child abuse. It is absolutely disgusting to me that anyone would dress a 3-14 year old girl like a grown woman. Put make-up, fake tan, false teeth, and tons of hair products on their little girl ruining their complexion, damaging their skin, and sexualizing a small child by having them rock their hips around blowing kisses and wearing half shirts. Its gross. There are child predators that would just love to kidnap one of these children.

These mothers are ruining their chances to ever have decent healthy self esteem. They are going to ruin the way they socialize with other children. Its ridiculous to me that this is legal.

Your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. wooo yes! i HATE those little beauty pageants with all my soul. to me, it's just sad & disgusting to see. putting sooo much emphasis on appearances and competing over "looks" at such a young age is just unfair to them. and scary.

    (and i'm cracking up picturing Sky break dancing in the black lights lmao)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree,btw u are an awesome writer Tiffany. Anyways... I agree, totally. This is a form of child abuse. Its rediculous. People like that make me sick. Its a little girl for gods sake. Let her stay a child for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Colleen, yes girl everyone was looking I was so embarassed and it was so funny

    @ Monica THANKS GIRL!

    ReplyDelete